- Immunisation is the best protection against many serious but preventable diseases.
- Immunisation helps protect you, your family, your friends and your community.
- It’s best to be immunised on time, every time, but it’s never too late to start if you’ve missed any immunisations.
- Immunisation is free until you turn 19.
- It’s not too late for girls to be protected against cervical cancer with HPV immunisation if you missed out in Year 8.
- If you’re leaving school, now is a good time to check you’re up to date with your immunisations, before you start work, study or travel.
- Don’t assume you’re immune! Speak to your school nurse or family doctor to make sure you’re protected. Visit getimmunised.org.nz for more information.