The Careers Department provides a focus for students to develop and identify hopes, dreams and aspirations to further their life beyond school. Programmes are developed to enhance the successful transition from school to the workplace, training or tertiary studies.
Careers staff facilitate informed student choice of careers options by:
- Organising a readily accessible information system e.g. noticeboards, newsletters, library computer and up to date information files.
- Co-ordinating careers intensives where students choose to attend seminars which reflect the wide range of careers available.
- Promoting tertiary study by ensuring students have access to information on courses offered by Polytechnics and Universities.
- Developing links between our secondary school and the business sector.
- Developing careers education programmes within curriculum areas.
- Providing an effective individual careers counselling service for students and their caregivers.
- Providing assistance with the development of student curriculum vitae and applications for employment or further study.
- Advertising employment opportunities and assisting with the placing of students in employment.