Kia Ora whānau/parents/families and caregivers,
After consultation with our local primary schools and guidance from the health minister, Thames High School will be enforcing the following processes effective immediately. We are in no way effected by Covid-19 but are taking precautionary measures to keep everyone safe.
We have postponed the following until further notice
- ALL Sporting events (however our school teams are still able to train providing they follow the correct protocols and guidelines, if in doubt please ask the TIC of Sport or Sports Coordinator).
- The School Ball in May.
- ALL school camps and trips.
- Kapa Haka noho.
In addition we will not have access to the following:
- The school pool, this will be closed until further notice.
- Drinking fountains will be turned off and students will be encouraged to bring their own drink bottles. There will be taps available around the school to refill their bottles.
- External providers coming into the school will be kept to a minimum.
Spray bottles, tissues and wipes will be made available for classrooms to wipe down keyboards, chrome books, and desks etc Lined bins will be placed in each classroom that will specifically be to put tissues and wipes into. Students will be encouraged to wash their hands before the start of each lesson.
Remember that personal hygiene, and reducing unnecessary physical contact (e.g. hugs, handshakes, hongi) are still the most important things to do to stop the spread of any virus.
Until we are advised differently by the Ministry or there is reason for concern it is business as usual and students are required to be at school. If your son/daughter is unwell in any way they will need to stay at home and the normal process of letting the school know applies.
If you are planning an overseas trip with your son/daughter in the near future please let the school know, or if your family/whānau are returning from overseas that you adhere to the ministry requirements of 14 days self-isolation and that you inform the school. By not informing the school potentially puts the WHOLE COMMUNITY AT RISK should something happen.
We will be updating our school website as we get information from the Health Minister, so you can click the red alert icon for updates.
Currently we are working alongside our primary schools to put measures in place for online learning should we have need to close our school. I will advise accordingly if this is the case.
A survey has gone out and would appreciate if you could complete it as soon as possible so we can get an indication of what resources we as a school could provide for online learning to occur should we need to close the school.
“He waka eke noa” – “We are in this together”