Tumuaki/Principal’s Message: My first week

Kia ora e te whānau

In this pānui

1. Tumuaki/Principal’s Message: My first week and please get in touch
  2. ANZAC Day
  3. Moving to Alert Level 3
  4. Staff only day: Tuesday 28 April
  5. From Wednesday 29 April
  6. Students who require hardcopy resources
  7. Some valuable links

Tumuaki/Principal’s Message: My first week and please get in touch

As Tumuaki/Principal for just over a week I am very impressed by the hardworking and positive attitude of kaimahi/staff and taiohi/students. It certainly is not the start of a new journey that I would ever have imagined, but we are all in this together. As my introduction (on appointment) to the school said, I am certainly looking forward to working with everyone in a school with a great history of serving its community and being the absolute best at everything we do.

While working with the Senior Leadership Team on the planning for Term 2, and the move to Alert Level 3, I have also had the opportunity in the past week to talk with Heads of Department and Deans about the school. Common themes I have heard are that we have a great caring staff and wonderful students that accept and respect others. Caring for others is a hallmark of a great school and I am looking forward to hearing from more from staff, students and parents/whānau.

I have plans to have a regular opportunity to meet and share with me in the normal operation of our school. In the meantime, I would like to extend an invitation to contact me by email or phone and tell me what is on your mind. I am very happy to accept positive feedback and I am equally keen to hear of any concerns or suggestions you have. Please contact me at michaelhart@thameshigh.school.nz or you can (from next week) call the school number on 07) 868 8688 and ask for me.

Click this link to read the complete pānui